Its been SEVEN years since Brendan and I said “I Do”….
Now, I know seven years isn’t a life time. It isn’t even a decade. But seven seems to be magic number for marriages as many say if you make it past this mark you are almost guaranteed to be together forever!! Not that I need any more reassurance- I have the man of my dreams, my balancing other half, my world traveling companion and my best friend.
I remember our wedding day as if it were yesterday. It was the absolute BEST DAY OF MY LIFE. I would get married to Brendan every year if I could. Our wedding day is my most favorite memory- EVER. Brendan and I have shared enough over the past seven years to last a lifetime yet we are only getting started. We have been so blessed in our marriage and have done more in our short seven years than many do in their whole lives. I am so incredibly grateful and humbled by the memories and experiences we have shared.
In honor of our SEVEN years I wanted to share my top SEVEN highlights since August 28, 2010.
- Traveling – we have been to three different continents, a dozen or so countries and countless cities around the world.
- The birth of our son and the first year we spent with him in and out of the hospital.
- Moving our family across the world.
- Standing by his side when Brendan graduated with his MBA.
- Watching Suits or How I Met Your Mother or Narcos late night on the couch.
- Fireworks on the 4th of July.
As I think about these seven memories (and the hundreds of others) I am flushed with emotion about all the other times we have spent together and all the times we have been apart. Brendan and I have grown so much over the past seven years of marriage and decade of time together- both personally and as a couple. We were young, restless, fearless idiots when we met. Ten years later we are older, still restless, a little less fearless, new parents but still idiots in love.
I asked Brendan for his top 3 memories of our seven years of marriage and he of course grumbled and groaned but he did give me a few. So here are his candid unfiltered responses…
- Walking through Clapham Common at dusk (park in London)
- Marrakesh Souks
- Mediterranean beach in Alicante Spain
- Skiing Union Bowl with you on powder days
- Taking you to Lake Geneva on boat rides
- Declans 1st and last day at Northcote House (his nursery school in London)
- Christmas in London
- Dinners in the back yard at Skyward (the first house we bought together)
- The 15 minutes before Declans birth going into operating room
- Moving to London
A little walk down memory lane with these amazing photos!
Happy Anniversary to my love. To my other half. Thank you. For standing by me. For supporting me. For arguing with me. For challenging me. For loving me. For trusting me. For our son. For allowing me to grow. For allowing me to fall. For teaching me. For letting me teach you. For traveling with me. For exposing me to life. For giving me the best life.
I love you more today than yesterday but not as much as tomorrow.